We've all seen peanut butter pies, so I kick it up a notch with Nutella pie! This silky dessert is just fabulous. I sometimes add sliced bananas on top of the crust and then spoon the Nutella mixture over them for a Banana Hazelnut Cream Pie. —Anna Smith, North Salt Lake, Utah
Featured In: 30 Recipes to Make with Nutella
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 16 Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Place cookies in a food processor; cover and pulse for 1-2 minutes or until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add butter; process until blended. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, Nutella, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour into pie crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream, corn syrup, butter and salt to a boil. Remove from the heat; add chocolate. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Spread over pie. Garnish with hazelnuts. Chill for 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Hazelnut Cream Pie in Taste of Home A+ Recipes from Schools Across America 2013, p219