- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 medium bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, water, milk and oil. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 1/4 cup batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar until blended. Add bananas; cook for 2-3 minutes or until bananas are glazed and slightly softened, stirring gently. Remove from the heat.
- Spread Nutella over each crepe; top with bananas. Roll up and serve. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forChocolate-Hazelnut Banana Crepes
"I was concerned with the amount of sugar in the Nutella, so I mixed equal amounts of Nutella and Almond Butter and used it on the crepes with the bananas. It was absolutely delicious, no one knew what iI did, and could no tell the difference, and best of all, no one missed the extra sugar!"
"This is my favorite way to eat crepes. Nothing beats hazelnuts and bananas!"
"These crepes are really delicious, especially for cool winter evenings."