- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wager cookies, crushed (about 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) and 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 1-1/3 cups sour cream, divided
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 3 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine cookie crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter; blend well. Press into bottom and 2 in up the sides of 9-in. springform pan; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat 1 8-oz. package cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy. Add 1 egg and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla; blend well. Stir in chocolate and 1/3 cup sour cream. Spoon over crust. In another bowl, beat second 8-oz. package of cream cheese, brown sugar and flour until fluffy. Add 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; blend well. Stir in pecans. Spoon carefully over chocolate layer. In another bowl, beat remaining 3 oz. of cream cheese and remaining sugar until fluffy. Blend in last egg. Stir in remaining sour cream and vanilla. Add almond extract. Spoon carefully over pecan layer. Bake at 325° for about 55 minutes or until center is almost set. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake inside for 30 minutes; open door partway and leave cake in oven another 30 minutes. Remove from oven; cool completely. Refrigerate at least 8 hours. For glaze, combine chocolate and butter in top of a double boiler; cook over simmering water until melted. Remove from the heat; add remaining ingredients and stir until smooth. Remove cheesecake from pan and spread warm glaze on top just before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Glazed Cheesecake
"I used the glaze for another cake and it was AMAZING!"
"See review from MissPablo"
"This cheesecake got rave reviews from my co-workers. This is the third cheesecake I've ever made. It takes some coordination, but well worth it. I can wait to make it again. Some co-workers stated that it was better that the pecan praline cheescake from Sam's Warehouse"