- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and egg whites, one at a time. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Spread into an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Mix glaze ingredients; spread over brownies. Cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate-Glazed Brownies
"These came out very moist and the icing added that touch that they were missing. I made these with gluten free flour as well without any adjustments. I was very happy with the result. We topped these with raspberries and a chocolate drizzle."
"Great lower fat/cal brownie. Love the icing and the sprinkles add a s[ecial treat for the kids for the holidays (use different holiday themed sprinkles)."
"The brownies were not fudge like at all, they are very dry, almost like cake"