Chocolate Glaze for Doughnuts
If smooth, glossy, rich and chocolately is your way to glaze, you’ll love this quick, easy ganache for your homemade doughnuts. Karen Moore, Jacksonville, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream and corn syrup just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
To make Chocolate Frosting: Prepare Chocolate Glaze as directed; stir in 2 cups confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Let stand 15 minutes or until mixture thickens to a spreading consistency. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts4 teaspoons: 118 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Glaze in Taste of Home September/October 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.