Chocolate-Ginger Pumpkin Muffins
When it’s breezy outside and time for breakfast, we love this tender, moist muffin with hints of ginger and orange, served slightly warm. —Eva Amuso, Cheshire, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin, oil, yogurt and orange zest until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and crystallized ginger.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 201 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate and Crystallized Ginger in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015