This smooth satin chocolate frosting will bring a touch of elegance to even the most basic cake. A simple garnish such as fresh fruit, mint leaves or edible flowers adds the finishing touch.
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- For a pourable ganache, cool, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches 85°-90° and is slightly thickened, about 40 minutes. Pour over cake, allowing some to drape down the sides. Spread ganache with a spatula if necessary to evenly coat, working quickly before it thickens. Let stand until set.
- For spreadable ganache, chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches a spreading consistency. Spread over cake. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Chocolate Ganache in Complete Guide to Baking 2004, p139
Reviews forChocolate Ganache
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2017
"easy and delicious"
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2010
"This was a very easy recipe to follow. I had extra Ganache and so I dipped some strawberries and they came out great!"