- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream, fresh raspberries and confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth; beat in flour. Drop dough by scant tablespoonfuls into greased miniature muffin cups; with well-floured hands, press dough onto bottoms and up sides of cups.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Beat chocolate mixture until soft peaks form. Pipe or spoon into tart shells. Garnish with whipped cream, raspberries and confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Ganache Tarts
"I read all the reviews and decided to use the filo mini shells.. This was way too sweet, I've realized I also hate filo shells. I wound up throwing the entire batch away and went to the grocery store to purchase a dessert."
"I did not care for the shells. I ended up piping the filling into phyllo tartlet shells. I got rave reviews!"
"The crust was a too thick but had nice flavor."
"This is my first attempt at making pastries, and it was very simple and delicious."
"Simple, elegant, and delicious. These are great. The pastry puffed up when it was baked, so I used the back side of a little 1/4 teaspoon to push the dough down to create an indentation in the center. I doubled the recipe and ended up with a lot of extra chocolate filling. I used a Wilton #12 tip to pipe the chocolate into the pastry shells. Piping made it easy and pretty. You may want to do the third step 1st so that the chocolate can cool while you work on the pastry shells. This is a "must try" recipe."
"YUMMY! So easy to make and they look so professional. Will make again many times."
"I made these for a bridal shower. Everyone loved them."
"This was the easiest recipe and my guests loved them."