Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. Add flour, mixing well. Stir in walnuts.
- 3. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake).
- 4. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars.
1 brownie: 410 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 31, 1969
The recipe doesn't call for baking powder or baking soda & it has baked for almost an hour & its still gooey inside & crusty or baked on the outside, what gives?
Feb 5, 2016
These were FABULOUS!! My husband is a baker's son and is constantly talking about how he misses the things his dad used to make in his bakery. He said these brownies were just like his dad's. Needless to say - very happy hubby! Based on reviews, I used half the walnuts and added about 1/2 c. of mini chocolate chips. So good!! I think I would also like to try them with peanut butter chips mixed in. I will definitely be making these again. (and again, and again...)
Jan 31, 2016
These were very thick and fudgy! Great recipe!
Jun 8, 2015
Wow! These are so good! My husband and I call them "dangerous brownies"! I was careful not to overbake and they are so rich, chocolatey and fudgey! I, too, just used half the walnuts and that was plenty for us. This will be my "go-to" brownie recipe now for sure!
Jan 24, 2015
These are ooey gooey fudgy goodness in a bar. I used half the nuts and added one cup of mini semi sweet chocolate chips. They were delicious. The second time I made them I used up some mint chocolate chips I had leftover and YUM!!!! They key is not to over bake them just as the recipe states.
May 14, 2014
great also in a 9x13 pan
Jun 9, 2013
I've pretty much given up on box mixes after making this because it's so yummy and versatile! I do lower the amount of sugar, though, because I actually found 2 cups to be too sweet, even using unsweetened chocolate. I usually use 1/ 1/4- 1 1/2 cups of sugar instead and that's way better. Kids love this as well!
Sep 30, 2012
Awesome, gooey goodness.
Mar 20, 2012
not sweet enough, the unsweetened chocolate was really bitter. A huge disappointment unfortunately
Apr 10, 2011
When I have tried other homemade brownie recipes, they always disappoint and I always default back to boxed mixes. This recipe is the exception! So yummy! I didn't use 2 full cups of walnuts...instead I did half walnuts & half chocolate chips.