Chocolate Fudge Bombe
Four convenience items come together in this easy yet eye-catching dessert. It's a great way to wow guests with little effort. —Margaret Wilson, Hemet, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 gallon fudge ripple or caramel swirl ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup chocolate frosting
- 1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry jam
- Prepare brownie mix for cake-like brownies and bake according to package directions in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut brownies into squares; place on the bottom and up the sides of a 2-1/2-qt. bowl lined with plastic wrap. Spoon ice cream into brownie bowl; cover and freeze for 8 hours or until firm.
- Place frosting in a small microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds or until soft. Invert brownie bombe onto a large plate; spread with frosting. Cut into wedges. Warm the jam; drizzle over dessert plates. Top with a wedge. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Triple-Chocolate Bombe in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005