Chocolate-Filled Raspberry Meringues
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 45 min.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons raspberry gelatin powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- Place egg whites in a bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in gelatin. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Drop meringue into eight mounds on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Shape into 3-1/2-in. cups with the back of a spoon. Bake at 250° for 45 minutes. Turn oven off; leave meringues in the oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- For filling, in a microwave, melt chocolate with water; stir until smooth. Cool. In a small bowl, beat milk, vanilla and whipped topping mix until soft peaks form. Fold into melted chocolate. Spoon into meringue cups. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with raspberries.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 205 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Dec 30, 2007
I used sugar free Jello and only had two tablespoons of raspberry and had to use one tablespoon of cherry, I also used Splenda. Mine are HOT PINK! ugly, I'm going to try them again in the morning!
Dec 28, 2007
I love chocolate/raspberry combination so will be anxious to try this recipe.
Dec 27, 2007
I never made meringue but it sure sounds good; especially chocolate with raspberries. mmm.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.