Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add the cream of tartar, vanilla and salt; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon meringue into six mounds on paper. Using the back of a spoon, shape into 3-in. cups. Bake at 300° for 35 minutes. Turn off oven and do not open door; let meringues dry for 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and cocoa until smooth and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Process the strawberries in a blender or food processor until pureed. To serve, spoon filling into meringue shells. Top with strawberry sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 369 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 10, 2018
This is always a hit when I make it! Such a pretty presentation too.
Apr 13, 2013
Everyone commented on this dessert, and the dish was empty in no time. Will make again, but use less sugar or replace with stevia.
Feb 1, 2011
THERE IS NO RECIPE FOR THE STRAWBERRY SAUCE TO TOP THE DESSERTS INCLUDED
Sep 6, 2010
I have made this many times! It always has great reviews.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.