- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- Place egg whites in a small mixing bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Beat on medium speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar, vanilla and salt; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon meringue into six mounds on paper. Using the back of a spoon, shape into 3-in. cups. Bake at 300° for 35 minutes. Turn off oven and do not open door; let meringues dry for 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and cocoa until smooth and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Process the strawberries in a blender or food processor until pureed. To serve, spoon filling into meringue shells. Top with strawberry sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChocolate-Filled Meringues
"Everyone commented on this dessert, and the dish was empty in no time. Will make again, but use less sugar or replace with stevia."
"THERE IS NO RECIPE FOR THE STRAWBERRY SAUCE TO TOP THE DESSERTS INCLUDED"
"I have made this many times! It always has great reviews."