Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- For filling, in a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and condensed milk over medium heat; stir until smooth. Stir in pecans, coconut and enough milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon into each cookie. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.