VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- For filling, melt chocolate chips and condensed milk in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; stir until smooth. Stir in pecans, coconut and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Spoon 1 teaspoon into each cookie. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Filled Crinkles in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p73
Reviews forChocolate-Filled Crinkles
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 21, 2010
"I will be making this recipe again. My son loves them."