Chocolate Farmyard Cookies
"I've been baking these goodies since 1948," attests Laverne Militello of Deltona, Florida. "The dough is a cinch to make and the cookies are always a hit. Our friends tell me how delicious the treats are each time I serve them."—Laverne Militello, Deltona, Florida
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen (3- inch to 4-inch cookies)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar, optional
- 1 cup white frosting
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and chocolate; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.Cover and chill for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Roll out on a floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut into animal shapes. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Frost as desired.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.