- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white baking chips
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions, adding espresso powder before mixing. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. Pour over batter. Cook, covered, on low 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out with moist crumbs.
- Sprinkle top with chocolate chips and baking chips. Turn off slow cooker; remove insert. Let stand, uncovered, 15-30 minutes or until chips are softened. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Espresso Lava Cake
"Have made this several times. Delicious! I like 1 1/2 Tbsp. espresso and milk chocolate chips instead of semi sweet."
"Delicious and oh so easy. My crock pot was bigger than called for, but no problems, I just checked it a bit earlier since it was thinner than it would have been in a 4-qt. crockpot. I used a box of sugar-free chocolate pudding because that was all I had on hand and that worked out just fine. I've been home recovering from surgery and this was a nice and easy treat to have waiting for my husband when he got home from work to say "thank you" for taking such good care of me these last few days."