- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white baking chips
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions, adding espresso powder before mixing. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Let stand until soft-set, about 2 minutes. Pour over batter. Cook, covered, on low 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out with moist crumbs.
- Sprinkle top with chocolate chips and baking chips. Turn off slow cooker; remove insert. Let stand, uncovered, until chips are softened, 15-30 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Espresso Lava Cake
"For Hanny290. Crockpots that are two pieces have a ceramic pot that sits inside the heating unit. You put the food in the ceramic pot, then the ceramic pot into the outside heating unit to cook. The ceramic pot is referred to as the insert so she is saying that you take the ceramic pot out of the heating unit and let it sit alone until the chocolate chips melt. This is good and easy to make, whole family loves it."
"It says to remove insert. What does that mean?"
"Have made this several times. Delicious! I like 1 1/2 Tbsp. espresso and milk chocolate chips instead of semi sweet."
"Delicious and oh so easy. My crock pot was bigger than called for, but no problems, I just checked it a bit earlier since it was thinner than it would have been in a 4-qt. crockpot. I used a box of sugar-free chocolate pudding because that was all I had on hand and that worked out just fine. I've been home recovering from surgery and this was a nice and easy treat to have waiting for my husband when he got home from work to say "thank you" for taking such good care of me these last few days."