- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon baking cocoa, divided
- 9 whole graham crackers, halved
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Gradually whisk in evaporated milk and milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg substitute; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in vanilla. Press plastic wrap onto surface of filling; cover and refrigerate until cooled.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine whipped topping and 1 tablespoon cocoa; set aside. Arrange half of the crackers in a 9-in. square pan coated with cooking spray. Layer half of the filling and topping over the crackers. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with remaining cocoa. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Eclair Delight
"msfedd - The Test Kitchen Tip at the bottom of the instructions says to use 2 eggs. Hope this taste as good as it looks and sounds!"
"Just wondering, I don't use egg substitute. If I am using regular eggs, how many would I need? Thanks."
"So simple and so delicious! LOVE this dessert and will make it often."
"Very, very good!! Definitely no complaints about the dessert when I made this recipe!! Followed recipe as is."
"Oh my gosh, is this good!!!!!!!!"
"This is a delicious dessert!!!!!!!"