- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar blend
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar blend, cocoa, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, 2 egg whites, vanilla and coffee granules; let stand for 3-4 minutes or until granules are dissolved. Stir in orange peel. Stir into flour mixture; mix well. Stir in almonds and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half. On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, shape each half into a 14-in. x 1-3/4-in. rectangle. Combine water and remaining egg white; brush over rectangles. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cracked and firm to the touch. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 5-7 minutes on each side or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Dunk-Shot Biscotti
"I tried this biscotti and it was terrible it tasted like tree bark bye"
"This recipe is terrible in "healthy" form but with real sugar plus 1/2c. brown sugar and 4 whole eggs plus 1/2 c. cocoa and a stick of butter and evap milk it was more like brownie biscotti and was much, much tastier-- some things you have to eat fewer & not mess up a recipe trying to make it healthy & tasteless even dipped in dark chocolate the original recipe is not yummy."
"Il followed this recipe exactly, and before I could put it in the oven, I had to try to fix the batter, it was so stiff. I added 2 eggs and was able to bake it as noted. It is tasty enough to use as a "dunker" or nibbler, but instead of making 54 servings, there were only 24. I would only make it again if I used the recipe changes noted."
"I just made this biscotti, following the recipe exactly, and they taste terrible! They may be low fat, but they are low taste, too. I will be throwing the whole batch in the trash. I suggest finding another recipe!"