Chocolate-Drizzled Ravioli Cookies
My daughter Madalyn came up with the recipe for these Oreo-filled raviolis. Our family couldn't stop eating them! Even her teachers were asking her to make them and to share the recipe! —Sarah Sandifer, Bamberg, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- For filling, place Oreos in a food processor; process until finely crushed. Add cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and extract; process until blended.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place about 1-1/2 teaspoons filling in center of half of the cookies. Cover with remaining cookies. Press edges with a fork to seal. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 155 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Sugar Cookie Ravioli in Cookies & Candies 2014 Bookazine