Chocolate-Drizzled Ravioli Cookies
My daughter Madalyn came up with the recipe for these Oreo-filled raviolis. Our family couldn't stop eating them! Even her teachers were asking her to make them and to share the recipe! —Sarah Sandifer, Bamberg, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- For filling, place Oreos in a food processor; process until finely crushed. Add cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and extract; process until blended.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place about 1-1/2 teaspoons filling in center of half of the cookies. Cover with remaining cookies. Press edges with a fork to seal. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 155 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Sugar Cookie Ravioli in Cookies & Candies 2014 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.