- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 chocolate bar, grated
- Combine crust ingredients until crumb-like; press into the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Place cream cheese, sugar and half the whipped topping in a mixing bowl; whip until smooth. Spread over crust. Prepare pudding mixes with milk; mix until smooth and thickened. Spread over cream cheese mixture; chill until firm. Spread remaining whipped topping on top, then sprinkle grated chocolate over topping. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Dream Dessert
"This is a very nice Ice Box cake recipe. I've also made it for years and its a winner all 'round!"