Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing
- 1/2 cup raspberry chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 12 metal or plastic spoons
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 teaspoons coarse sugar
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each spoon into chocolate; tap spoon handles on edge of bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chocolate and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Dip coated spoons into chocolate mixture; tap spoon handles on edge of bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with coarse sugar. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 76 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 18, 2009
King Arthur Flour (.com)has sparkling sugar in crystal and colors. M. Bouchee
Aug 18, 2009
Williams Sonoma sells coarse sugar. It might also be labeled as "Sugar in the Raw" in your local grocery store.
Jul 24, 2009
I can never seem to find coarse sugar. Where do you get it. I looked for it when I made the snowman cupcakes in the January issue.
May 7, 2009
The best ever