- 4 sheets phyllo dough (14x9-inch size)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1/2 ounce white baking chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush with butter. Cover with a second sheet of phyllo; brush with butter. (Keep remaining phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Cut phyllo lengthwise in half; cut each half crosswise into five rectangles (4-1/2x2-3/4 in.). Tightly roll up rectangles jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon. Lightly coat sticks with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar mixture. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a microwave, melt semisweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each phyllo stick in chocolate; allow extra to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Drizzle with white chocolate. Yield: 20 sticks.
Reviews forChocolate-Dipped Phyllo Sticks
"My family is thoroughly enjoying these. I used the phyllo sheets remaining after making a different recipe. It is easy to adjust the amounts of butter and cinnamon sugar for more or fewer phyllo sheets. I did not dip any in melted chocolate, although I may try it for a Christmas treat.I will add this recipe to my list of Christmas recipes."
"I made these for my church after-service coffee hour - everyone LOVED them!"