Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Logs
A cookie exchange introduced me to these fancy peanut butter treats. They're eye-catching for the holidays and bake sales.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 8-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup ground salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 2-in. logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into coating; allow excess to drip of. Dip into peanuts. Place on waxed paper to set.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 77 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.