Chocolate-Dipped Orange Spritz
Dipped in melted chocolate and coated in ground walnuts, this cookie is one you won't pass up.—Alissa Stehr, Gau-Odernheim
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in egg, orange juice and zest. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a bar disk, press long strips of dough onto ungreased baking sheets; cut ends to release from disk. Cut each strip into 3-in. lengths (no need to separate them).
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until set (do not brown). Re-cut cookies if necessary. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place walnuts in a shallow bowl. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with walnuts. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 99 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.