Chocolate-Dipped Lemon Cookies
I make these light and tasty cookies every holiday season and everybody finds them irresistible. I love to dip the ends into melted chocolate for a sweet addition. —Sandy Klocinski, Summerville, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, egg yolk, lemon zest and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a 3/4-inch round tip. Transfer dough to bag. Pipe 2-in. S-shaped logs 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over hot water, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one end of cookies in glaze, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Lemon Fingers in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016