Chocolate-Dipped Lemon Cookies
I make these light and tasty cookies every holiday season and everybody finds them irresistible. I love to dip the ends into melted chocolate for a sweet addition. —Sandy Klocinski, Summerville, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, egg yolk, lemon zest and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a 3/4-inch round tip. Transfer dough to bag. Pipe 2-in. S-shaped logs 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over hot water, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one end of cookies in glaze, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Originally published as Lemon Fingers in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.