VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup whole hazelnuts, toasted and skins removed
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package (7 ounces) almond paste, crumbled
- 2 egg whites
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place hazelnuts and 1/4 cup sugar in a food processor; process until nuts are finely ground. Add almond paste, egg whites and remaining sugar; process until blended, about 3 minutes.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a large star pastry tip. Fill bag with hazelnut mixture. Pipe 1-1/4-in. rosettes 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until light brown. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip bottom of each cookie in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; refrigerate 1 hour or until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Dipped Hazelnut Macaroons in Country Woman 2013