"This treat combines two favorites -- fruit and chocolate," notes field editor Dorothy Anderson, Ottawa, Kansas.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spear fruit with toothpicks; dip into chocolate. Allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper or stick toothpicks into a block of Styrofoam to set.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 113 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 5, 2009
Turkish apricots and select dried fruit dipped in dark, milk and white chocolate, make a great holiday gift with so little effort.A great alternative to cookies for the season.