Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spear fruit with toothpicks; dip into chocolate. Allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper or stick toothpicks into a block of Styrofoam to set.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 113 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 5, 2009
Turkish apricots and select dried fruit dipped in dark, milk and white chocolate, make a great holiday gift with so little effort.A great alternative to cookies for the season.