- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spear fruit with toothpicks; dip into chocolate. Allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper or stick toothpicks into a block of Styrofoam to set. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forChocolate-Dipped Fruit
"Turkish apricots and select dried fruit dipped in dark, milk and white chocolate, make a great holiday gift with so little effort.A great alternative to cookies for the season."