These make a cute gift when wrapped individually in cellophane, tied with colorful ribbon and displayed in a Christmas mug. To set the chocolate quickly, chill dipped spoons in the freezer. —Marcy Boswell, Menifee, California
Recommended: 42 Easy Desserts That Keep Life Simple and Sweet
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3-1/2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 24 metal or plastic spoons
- Coarse sugar or chocolate sprinkles, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt milk chocolate chips with 2 teaspoons shortening; stir until smooth. Repeat with white baking chips and remaining shortening. Dip spoons into either mixture, tapping handles on bowl edges to remove excess. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill for 5 minutes or until set.
- Pipe or drizzle milk chocolate over white-dipped spoons and white mixture over milk chocolate-dipped spoons. Decorate with coarse sugar or sprinkles if desired. Chill for 5 minutes or until set. Use as stirring spoons for coffee or cocoa. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Dipped Beverage Spoons in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p58