VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, divided
- 24 metal or plastic spoons
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips, divided
- Coarse sugar or chocolate sprinkles, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip half of the spoons into chocolate, tapping spoon handles on the edge of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill for 5 minutes or until set. Repeat with 3/4 cup vanilla chips and the remaining spoons.
- Melt the remaining milk chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Pipe or drizzle over vanilla-dipped spoons. Decorate with coarse sugar if desired. Repeat with remaining vanilla chips and chocolate-dipped spoons. Chill for 5 minutes or until set.
- Use as a stirring spoon for coffee or cocoa. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Dipped Beverage Spoons in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p58