Chocolate Dessert Waffles Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients. Add to sugar mixture; mix well. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions; remove carefully. Do not overbake. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce if desired. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1 waffle (calculated without ice cream and caramel sauce): 591 calories, 31g fat (4g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 428mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Dessert Waffles
"Love these dessert waffles! I always get rave reviews whenever I make them for friends."
"the batter was too thick. There is no liguid except the eggs and the batter would not spread well on the waffle maker. I would not make this recipe again as written but I will try tweaking it with some milk as regular waffle recipes take. They did taste good."