Chocolate Dessert Waffles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, optional
- In a bowl, combine sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients. Add to sugar mixture; mix well. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions; remove carefully. Do not overbake. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 waffle (calculated without ice cream and caramel sauce): 591 calories, 31g fat (4g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 428mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Sep 15, 2017
Love these dessert waffles! I always get rave reviews whenever I make them for friends.
Dec 1, 2011
Absolutly love this wonderful for kids suprise supper loaded with fruit on top, and i can freeze any left, quick breakfast on the run
Jul 2, 2011
the batter was too thick. There is no liguid except the eggs and the batter would not spread well on the waffle maker. I would not make this recipe again as written but I will try tweaking it with some milk as regular waffle recipes take. They did taste good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.