- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Chocolate frosting and multi-colored sprinkles
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with water and buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 16 cupcakes.
Reviews forChocolate Cupcakes
"Just finished making these and was pleasantly surprised how light and delicious they were. Will definitely keep on file and make again."
"So yummy and easy to make! Not too sweet either."
"love the chocolate so yummy tummy tubs want more"
"So chocolatey. Good with cream cheese frosting:)"
"From the picture, I expected this to be a rich chocolate taste. I was a little disappointed because it tastes more like something I could get from a box."
"Kinda disappointing to see a picture of a frosted cupcake but not get the frosting recipe."
"took these to potluck.saw several in trashvery moist,but the taste was not real good"