Chocolate Crunch Pie
This rich, fudgy pie came from an aunt of a good friend. The recipe makes two pies, which seem to quickly disappear at holiday gatherings. —Jo Ellen Greenhaw, Athens, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes2 pies (6-8 servings each)
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line unpricked pastry shells with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside; remove foil. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk eggs and sugar until blended. Add butter and chocolate chips; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon. Stir in the pecans, coconut and vanilla.
- Pour into pie shells. Cover edges of pastry with foil. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until puffed.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 468 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Crunch Pie in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.