- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture until blended.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool in pan on a wire rack. Spread marshmallow creme over cooled brownies.
- In a small saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal. Spread over top. Refrigerate until set. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Crunch Brownies
"These are very rich and very good. They are very similar to the recipe "Deluxe chocolate Marshmallow Bars" and my family said they preferred that recipe over this, but both get raving reviews from all who tried them. Delicious!"
"my sister makes these"
"I used a box mix because of a time crunch and they were still wonderful. I do need to remember to cut the bars really small because they are very rich."
"I only used one cup of sugar instead of the two cups required, they turned out perfect!"
"I really liked these brownies. They were better the second day and even better the third. I used a gluten free brownie mix. The crunch was awesome. I loved the rice crispy texture and the flavor was delicious. i plopped the fluff on and stuck it back in the oven to melt it because it was too hard to spread. I think next time I will try to melt the fluff in the microwave and then spread it on. Cut the pieces small it is much more rich and filling than a regular brownie."
"I made this as our dessert for Mother's Day - it was a big hit. Try it, you will not be disappointed."
"It has been a few years since I have made these brownies. I used to put them on my Christmas plates. I have always used part of a bag of mini marshmallows just like doxymamas suggested. They turn out great this way!"
"I saw this recipe and had to make it today. I did use a box brownie mix and used chocolate rice cereal and my husband just looked at me and said "these are trouble". Which means he loves them and will eat until he can't anymore. Next time I may bake in a 9x9 pan and half the cereal, pb and chip topping just because it is only the two of us. Delish."
"These brownies are fantastic. I have a suggestion that makes them less messy and easier to cut - instead of using marshmallow creme, which can be very difficult to work with, spread a 10 oz. bag of miniature marshmallows over the brownies as soon as they are done, and then return the pan to the oven for a few minutes, just until the marshmallows puff together. Remove from the oven and cool completely before spreading the rice krispie topping over the marshmallows. You get the same marshmallowy goodness without the sticky mess!"
"Someone gave me this recipe many years ago and I absolutely love it! I am not a huge chocolate fan (I know, I know, shocking!) but these are SO tasty-the peanut butter adds wonderful taste and creamy texture."