- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1-1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. When cool, split each cake in half horizontally.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold in confectioners' sugar; spread between layers. In another mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Frost top of torte. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Cream Torte
"This is a family favorite often requested for birthdays. The frosting recipe makes enough to cover the whole cake."