"Our daughter and her boyfriend are both on restricted diets, so they appreciate having this yummy dessert for birthdays and other gatherings," relates Ronald Scorse of Snowflake, Arizona. "We all enjoy it."
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- Artificial sweetener equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1/4 ounces) instant sugar-free chocolate pudding mix
- In a small bowl, cut butter into flour until crumbly. Press into an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sweetener until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Carefully spread over the crust.
- In another large bowl, combine milk and pudding mix. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over the cream cheese. Top with remaining whipped topping. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Cream Dessert in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p17