Chocolate Cream Dessert Recipe
- 3 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 90 wafers)
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (7 ounces), plain or with almonds, broken into pieces
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the vanilla crumbs, butter, sugar and cinnamon. Set aside 1/3 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; refrigerate until firm.
- 2. In a large saucepan, heat the candy bar, marshmallows and milk over medium-low heat until chocolate and marshmallows are melted, stirring often. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- 3. Fold in whipped cream and vanilla; pour over crust. Chill for 3-4 hours. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture and almonds if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 407 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Cream Dessert
"This dessert doesn't last long around here. We all love it!!"
"this is good dessert. i used crushed golden oreos in place of vanilla wafers and added less margarine. i also used dreamwhip instead of whipping cream. Much healthier and tastier!"