- 3 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (7 ounces), plain or with almonds, broken into pieces
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- In a bowl, combine vanilla crumbs, butter, sugar and cinnamon; mix well. Set aside 1/3 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; refrigerate until firm.
- In a saucepan, heat the candy bar, marshmallows and milk over medium-low heat until chocolate and marshmallows are melted, stirring often. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Fold in whipped cream and vanilla; pour over crust. Chill for 3-4 hours. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture and almonds if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Cream Dessert
"This dessert doesn't last long around here. We all love it!!"
"this is good dessert. i used crushed golden oreos in place of vanilla wafers and added less margarine. i also used dreamwhip instead of whipping cream. Much healthier and tastier!"