My favorite hockey team the Boston Bruins inspired these cupcakes. Add a love note on top using a little white icing. —Alisa Christensen, RSM, California
Featured In: 25 Recipes for Valentine Cupcakes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- White decorating icing, optional
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes, using 20 paper-lined muffin cups. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Press plastic wrap onto surface of pudding; refrigerate until cold.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a small pastry tip. Transfer pudding to bag. Using a wooden or metal skewer, poke a hole through bottom of cupcake liners. Push tip through hole and pipe filling into cupcakes.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Whisk in confectioners' sugar and water. Dip tops of cupcakes into glaze. If desired, pipe designs on cupcakes. Yield: 20 cupcakes.
Originally published as Chocolate Cream Cupcakes in Taste of Home February/March 2013
Reviews forChocolate Cream Cupcakes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2014
"These look adorable. Everyone raved about them when I brought them into work."