Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate and butter on high until butter is melted; stir until smooth. Whisk in sugar until blended. Whisk in extracts and eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour mixture. Pour half of the batter into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. Beat together filling ingredients until blended; spoon over batter in pan. Spoon remaining batter over top. Swirl gently with a knife.
- 3. Bake until filling is set, 35-40 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 brownie: 247 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies
"Everytime I make these they don't last long!"
"This was horrible, barely edible. I should have known that 3 oz of cream cheese was not enough. It mixed all together while cooking making the brownies a light brown color. I think they meant 8 oz of cream cheese"
"I used semi sweet chocolate because that's what I had. These taste very moist and really hit the brownie flavor but I was semi disappointed there wasn't more cream cheese flavor but very good, I would make them again."
"These brownies are delicious. I did have to bake longer (7 min) and after cooling I had to put the center few (about 5) in the microwave. Great flavor, otherwise."
"I made this for the guys in our dorm (18 of them), and they ask for it all the time. Best brownie ever!"
"Very delicious and watch out for calories."
"These have to be THE best brownies I've ever made!! My kids loved them and so did I....I didn't want to share them :)"
"I've been making cream cheese brownies for a long time (and always looking for a better recipe) but this has to be the absolute best recipe I have EVER made! My search has come to an end, this will me my signature cream cheese brownie recipe from now on."
"I make this one over last year Xmas holidays. I'll do it again this holidays. Rich recipe is great for holidays like now."
"very good. =)delectable.They look goey when they come out of the oven, but they will harden up."