Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake
I think the ultimate dessert anytime of the year is cheesecake. I worked at a specialty bakery that offered 23 different cheesecakes, but not a chocolate cranberry flavor like this one. I like to top it with a thick chocolate glaze for a finishing touch. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/3 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in sour cream. Fold in cranberry sauce. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Drizzle dessert plates with fudge topping; top with cheesecake. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 302 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006