Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Snack Mix
I love chocolate-covered strawberries, but they're one of those treats you want to make only on special occasions. With a little experimenting, I've captured the same flavor in a snack that I can take anywhere. Everyone is amazed when I pull these out at picnics or tailgates, or on car trips. —TerryAnn Moore, Vineland, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Chocolate Chex
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1 cup white baking chips
- Sprinkles, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals. In a microwave, melt the chocolate chips, jam and butter; stir until smooth. Add the extract. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds; toss to coat.
- Immediately spread onto waxed paper. In a microwave, melt white chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cereal mixture. If desired, add sprinkles. Let stand until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.