We harvest prunes here on our farm, so that delicious fruit is a staple in our kitchen. While our grandchildren enjoy all the dishes I prepare, these little treats are their favorite.—Alcy Thorne, Los Molinos, California
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 48 dried pitted plums (about 1 pound)
- 48 whole almonds or walnut halves
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Stuff each plum with an almond or walnut half. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl or double boiler. Add peanut butter; mix well. Dip prunes and place on waxed paper to harden. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Covered Prunes in Taste of Home February/March 1997, p65
Reviews forChocolate-Covered Prunes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2009
"I made this recipe exactly as written and it was very good."