VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (14 ounces) ridged potato chips
- 1-1/2 pounds milk chocolate or dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- In a microwave, melt white coating, stir until smooth. Dip chips halfway in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets to set.
- Melt milk or dark chocolate. Dip other half of chips, allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper to set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4 pounds.
Originally published as Chocolate-Covered Chips in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p35