Chocolate-Covered Cherry Parfaits
If you're a fan of the sweet-tart combination of chocolate covered cherries, you'll be first in line to indulge in this parfait version of the classic candy. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cherry brandy
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/3 cups Elegant Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate syrup, optional
- Drain cherries, reserving 1/3 cup liquid; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in reserved cherry juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cherries and brandy. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon half of the mousse, cream mixture and cherries into four parfait glasses. Layer with remaining cream mixture, mousse and cherries. Drizzle with chocolate syrup if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without chocolate syrup): 892 calories, 69g fat (42g saturated fat), 280mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate-Covered Cherry Parfaits in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012