Chocolate-Covered Cherry Brownies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, chopped and well drained
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 28 minutes. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until marshmallows are soft but not browned. Sprinkle with cherries. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and cream; stir until smooth. Drizzle over brownies. Let stand until chocolate is set.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 220 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 30, 2017
Very good, but the brownie is a little too chewy for me.
Jan 14, 2017
To me these tasted more like a hot fudge sundae, very sweet. They were a bit too sweet for me. It would have been nice if there was something salty or crunchy to break it up a bit.
Feb 17, 2014
Delicious, very rich brownies. I made these for a family dinner and everyone loved them.
Nov 28, 2012
My 15 year old made this for Thanksgiving dessert and everyone loved them!
Aug 31, 2010
this is a response to ggolens review there are directions for the cream you add it to the chips at the end for the drizzle
Aug 31, 2010
I took this to work for the holidays- gone in 30 minutes- that says everything