Chocolate-Covered Cherry Brownies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, chopped and well drained
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 28 minutes. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until marshmallows are soft but not browned. Sprinkle with cherries. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and cream; stir until smooth. Drizzle over brownies. Let stand until chocolate is set.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 220 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 30, 2017
Very good, but the brownie is a little too chewy for me.
Jan 14, 2017
To me these tasted more like a hot fudge sundae, very sweet. They were a bit too sweet for me. It would have been nice if there was something salty or crunchy to break it up a bit.
Feb 17, 2014
Delicious, very rich brownies. I made these for a family dinner and everyone loved them.
Nov 28, 2012
My 15 year old made this for Thanksgiving dessert and everyone loved them!
Aug 31, 2010
this is a response to ggolens review there are directions for the cream you add it to the chips at the end for the drizzle
Aug 31, 2010
I took this to work for the holidays- gone in 30 minutes- that says everything