Chocolate-Covered Apricot-Pecan Pretzels
Salty pretzel rods dipped in a caramel, apricot and pecan mixture and covered with dark chocolate make a deliciously different treat during the holidays. I usually place them in a coffee mug and cover the present with colored plastic wrap to give as gifts. —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hr. + standing
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1-1/3 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 2 packages (11 ounces each) Kraft caramel bits
- 1/4 cup water
- 42 pretzel rods
- 3 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a small bowl, combine apricots and 2/3 cup pecans: set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, melt caramel bits with water, stirring constantly. Spoon caramel over two-thirds of each pretzel, rotating rods to coat all sides; allow excess caramel to drip off.
- Sprinkle caramel with apricot mixture. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- In another heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chips with shortening, stirring constantly. Spoon chocolate over coated ends of pretzels; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 pretzel: 228 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.