Chocolate Cookie Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Additional Oreo cookie crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and egg whites; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Gently fold in cookie crumbs. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with additional cookie crumbs.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 227 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Mar 6, 2015
These cupcakes are great. I used birthday Oreos and I added extra. I also used cream cheese frosting and folded in crushed Oreos instead of sprinkling on top. I will be making these again.
May 1, 2014
I'd prepared these cupcakes and I thank you, Mary Wiebe, for sharing this recipe! I found that when I prepared this recipe that the yield made 28! delowenstein
Jun 30, 2013
The cookies in these truly send plain white cake over the top. Plus it helps stretch these downsized cake mixes to actually make 24 cupcakes per box.
Sep 7, 2011
These cupcakes are good, but you really couldn't taste the chocolate sandwich cookies in the cake as you would by themselves. Cookies were kind of soggy inside. Kids like them though.
Jan 26, 2011
Grown kids and grandchildren loves this recipe. I loved that it was easy! I did make my own frosting though.
Jan 29, 2009
They look beautiful
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.