A rich whipped chocolate mixture from our Test Kitchen is used to flavor coffee and to make hot chocolate. Set out a small serving bowl, spoon some of the mixture into mugs and add hot coffee or milk.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 8 cups hot strong brewed coffee or whole milk
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, whisk the sugar, cocoa and water until smooth. Cook and whisk over medium-low heat until mixture forms soft peaks when whisk is lifted and resembles thick hot fudge sauce, about 35 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and salt. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Beat the chocolate mixture. Add 2 cups whipped cream; mix well. Fold in remaining whipped cream. For each serving, place about 1/2 cup chocolate cream in 2/3 cup coffee or milk; stir to blend.
1 cup: 362 calories, 30g fat (18g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 31, 1969
109 MG of CHOLSETERTOL? What does does that come down to for 1 Cup of coffee?
Is it safe to drink?
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC